Position: Technical Support Intern, Michigan Health Council (MHC)
Reports to: Michigan Health Council Talent Acquisition & Training Manager
Date Start: Immediate
Pay: Unpaid, Volunteer
The Michigan Health Council is a dynamic 501c3 non-profit that focuses on making great products and delivering services that support Michigan’s health care employers, educators, and professionals (present and future). We are currently seeking a knowledgeable, forward-thinking, conscientious and detail-oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their future career path to serve as our Technical Support Intern. This position reports to the Michigan Health Council Talent Acquisition and Training Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties (in collaboration with our MHC Staff):
- Assist with translating MHC’s mission, goals, and strategies into specific and meaningful asset management and IT initiatives
- Support the MHC team in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
- Troubleshooting as needed and managing scheduled updates
- Collaborate with MHC Director of Technology to assist Programming Staff in quality assurance and reporting of all MHC programs.
- Develop and implement a long-term ITAM strategy for the Michigan Health Council
- Manage and update MHC content websites (Drupal and WordPress platforms)
- Any additional responsibilities presented to this position as deemed necessary by the Michigan Health Council Talent Acquisition and Training Manager
- Big picture, creative thinker with close attention to detail
- Strong verbal, writing, technology and analytical skills
- Organized; expert at juggling many tasks and projects
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Understand the principals and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Reliable transportation to and from the Michigan Health Council
- Knowledge of the following programs preferred but not required:
- Drupal, WordPress, Windows Operating Systems
Education and Licensure:
Preferably, applicant should passionate about and in pursuit of higher education & training in any of the following: computer science, IT, Software engineering, Cyber Security, Network Management and security, applied math and statistics, or another related field.
Submit a letter of interest and a resume and cover letter via email to MHC Human Resources: [email protected].